- A lot of Colin Kaepernick’s supporters called out Rihanna for committing to the Super Bowl halftime show after she refused to work with the NFL following Kaepernick being blackballed from the NFL after he protested police violence by kneeling during the National Anthem.
- In 2019, Rihanna turned down the halftime performance in solidarity with Kaepernick, so fans want to know what changed.
- “It doesn’t matter how many black artists they book in that halftime slot; it will never make up for what the NFL did to @Kaepernick7 I’m surprised of all artists @Rihanna agreed to this,” a supporter tweeted.
- According to TMZ, Rihanna may use the platform to promote new music, and two other performers are to be in negotiations to perform alongside Rihanna.
- Do you think Rihanna is selling out by performing at the Super Bowl? Why or why not?