ALPHA MEDIA’S CONTEST-SPECIFIC RULES FOR
THE HOLIDAY POP! PROMOTION CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
These contest-specific rules should be read in conjunction with Alpha Media’s General Contest Rules, which are applicable to all contests conducted by Alpha Media Holdings LLC and/or its subsidiaries (including licensee subsidiaries).
Sponsor(s): WGZB, WDJX, WMJM, WXMA, WGHL, 520 S. 4th St., 2nd Fl, Louisville, KY 40202 and All American Bottling, 451 Kenwood Business Drive, Louisville KY 40214 (collectively, “Sponsor”).
- Promotional Period: The HOLIDAY POP! contest (the “Promotion”) begins on or around Monday, November 5, 2018, at 6:00 am, ET and ends at 11:59 pm, ET on or about December 28th, 2018 (the “Promotional Period”).
- Entry Deadline: The deadline to submit entries is December 28, 2018 at 11:59 pm ET.
- Eligibility Restrictions: The Promotion is open to all legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (except NY and FL) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and who live in the stations listening area. Employees of Alpha Media (the “Station”), its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, its advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, MSnap/Marketron, Aptivada, other broadcast stations in the Station’s listening area, and the members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings or children) or households (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void outside the United States, in NY and FL, as applicable, and where prohibited.
Winners must sign all required waivers and release forms and must possess a valid ID.
Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from any individual who does not meet the eligibility requirements, and will also delete any entry as required by law.
- Entry Method: To participate in the Promotion, you may enter via the following method(s).
VIA TEXT – Entrants must text the designated keyword to 67760 to be eligible to win the listed prize. One entry per round will be allowed. There will be four total rounds of contesting. Keywords can be obtained by listening on-air or visiting the Holiday POP display at any participating Kentuckiana Kroger store (see attached for store locations). Message and data rates apply.
Alternate mode of entry: Instead of texting, participant may enter via online submission at any affiliated Alpha Media of Louisville station website, which are listed below. Participants will need to enter their name, email, phone number, Date of Birth and the correct keyword for that round of contesting.
PARTICIPANT MAY ONLY CHOOSE ONE MODE OF ENTRY PER CONTEST TIME
Sponsors are not responsible for technical, cell phone or computer failures, errors or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable Internet connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or deleted computer or network transmissions, inability to access any website or online service, any other error or malfunction, late, lost, illegible or misdirected entries, or for printing errors in any advertisement, entry form or the rules.
Sponsor is not responsible for telephone service outages, delays, equipment malfunctions, busy signals, hang-ups, errors or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or deleted transmissions or voicemails or other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call, or for printing errors in any advertisement, entry form or the rules.
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If the Sponsors determine, in their sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual electronic tampering with the Contest or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, the Sponsors reserve the right to void the entries at issue and/or terminate the Contest and conduct a random drawing to award the prize among all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Contest is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its expiration date, notice will be posted http://www.hiphopb965.com/ ; https://www.wdjx.com/ ; http://www.1013online.com/ ; http://www.1023jack.com/ ; http://www.alt1051.com/ , If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entrant that tampers with the operation of the Contest or violates the Official Rules of the Contest.
Entrants in a Text-to-Win promotion do not provide detailed personal information at the time of entry given the limitations of the text message format, but the winner(s) must provide all requested information at the time the winner(s) is selected and notified, including first and last name, complete postal address (street, city, state, and zip code), email address, telephone number, and date of birth. Message and data rates may apply. The Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by an entrant for this method of entry.
All entrants must follow the “call to action” entry instructions and submit any requested information. By submission of a text message entry in this contest, entrants hereby expressly consent to the receipt of a confirmatory bounce-back message related to this Promotion. Text message entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the mobile account used to submit the entry at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the text or mobile telephone number by a telecommunications provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning such numbers. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same text or mobile telephone number. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Station. The contest/sweepstakes administrator’s telephone system is the official time keeping device for the Promotion.
ONLY ONE ENTRY PER TEXT NUMBER PER CONTEST ROUND ( 4 TOTAL).
MULTIPLE ENTRIES OF THE SAME KEYWORD WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING.
Round 1 – 11/05/18 – 11/20/18: GE Dishwasher
Round 2 – 11/21/18 – 12/04/18: Genesis Diamonds / Cher Tickets (1 pair ) – Show Date: 2/4/19 – KFC Yum Center
Round 3 – 12/05/18 – 11/18/18 GE Washer/ GE Dryer
Round 4 – 12/19/18 – 12/28/18: Genesis Diamonds / Mariah Carey Tickets (1 pair ) – Show Date: 3/8/19 – KFC Yum Center
- Odds of Winning:
ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED, AS APPLICABLE
- Winner Selection and Notification:
Decisions of Station management with respect to the Promotion are final.
At the end of each contest round, one random entrant will be chosen and contacted via the phone number they used to text in. They will be notified by Alpha Media staff and will be recorded for future playback on any and all participating Alpha Media stations. Alpha Media staff will call/try the phone number 3 times within a 48 hour window before deeming the number disqualified and moving to the next randomly selected winner. If contact is made with the randomly chosen entrant, they will be awarded weekly grand prize.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner(s). Winner(s) will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent including a winner’s full Social Security Number for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the station conducting the Promotion (in combination with any prizes won in Promotions run by any other Alpha radio station) in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
- Participating in the Promotion and acceptance of a prize constitutes a winner’s and guest’s (where applicable) permission for the Alpha or its agents to photograph, film and record each winner, and to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Promotion or its sponsors for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, Alpha may, where legal, require a winner (and guest or travel companion, where applicable) to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. It is the responsibility of the winner(s) to ensure that their guest(s) or travel companion(s) sign and return any required release. In the case of a conflict in this paragraph 3 b and any similar paragraph in contest specific rules the general specific rules will govern.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Promotion, you:
- agree to grant Alpha a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to edit, telecast, exhibit, rerun, reproduce, use, syndicate, license, print, distribute and otherwise exploit any items (including any photos, videos, audio, or written material) submitted as part of your contest entry (the “Materials”), or any portion thereof, in any manner and in any and all formats and media now known or hereafter devised, without payment to you or any third party;
- acknowledge that Alpha reserves the right, in its sole discretion, not to use the Materials at all; and
iii. represent and warrant that: you are at least as old as the age of majority in your state; you have the full legal right, power and authority to grant to Alpha the license provided for herein; you own or control the complete exhibition and other rights to the Materials you submitted for the purposes contemplated in this license; you are either the parent (or legal guardian) of any minor featured in the Materials or have received the express consent of the parent (or legal guardian) for any such minor to appear in the Materials and to enter the minor’s likeness in the Materials in the contest; and neither the Materials nor the exercise of the rights granted herein shall infringe upon or violate the right of privacy or right of publicity of, or constitute a libel or slander against, or violate any common law or any other right of, any person or entity.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, and depending on the nature of the prize and eligibility requirements of the Promotion, Alpha in its sole discretion may require verification of Promotion winner’s or winners’ identification by a showing of valid government-issued photo identification.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating and/or accepting a prize, entrants, winner(s) and guests (if applicable) agree to release and hold harmless the station conducting the Promotion, its sponsor(s) and promotional partner(s), its advertising and promotion agencies, any social media platform utilized in the conduct of the Promotion (including but not limited to Facebook, Inc.) and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns of each of them (collectively, the “Released Parties”) against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Promotion. Alpha may also require eligible Promotion winner(s) and their guests or travel companions, if any (as well as each of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s), if winner(s), guest(s) or travel companion(s) are under the age of majority in their state of residence), to sign a liability release confirming such consent. It is the responsibility of the winner(s) to ensure that their guest(s) or travel companion(s) sign and return any required release.
- The station conducting the Promotion, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person (and all of their entries) from this Promotion if he or she tampers with the entry process, the operation of the Promotion, or the operation of the station’s website, Facebook Page, and/or any other social networking site used in the Promotion, or is otherwise in violation of the rules. The station conducting the Promotion further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Promotion, or any part of it, if it is not capable of completion as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond the station’s control, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion as determined by the station in is sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any person to deliberately damage any station website, Facebook Page, and/or any other social networking site used in the Promotion or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Alpha reserves the right to seek full prosecution and/or damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law. The station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the station conducting the Promotion, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to modify, terminate, suspend or cancel the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures, telephone service outages, delays, dropped calls, or busy signals, or any other difficulties that may prevent an individual from sending or receiving a text message; or (iii) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or late entries. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize cannot be awarded due to acts of god, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond Alpha’s control.
- Official Rules and Winner List: To obtain a copy of the General Contest Rules, these contest-specific rules, or a list of winner(s) following completion of the Promotion (please specify which), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) specifying “General Contest Rules,” “Contest-Specific Rules,” or “Winner List” Holiday POP! Winner List or Official Rules Request, WGZB, WDJX, WMJM, WXMA, WGHL, 520 S. 4th St., 2nd Fl, Louisville, KY 40202. A copy of the General Contest Rules, contest-specific rules, and a list of winner(s) (when complete) are also available during regular business hours at the main studio of WGZB, WDJX, WMJM, WXMA, WGHL, 520 S. 4th St., 2nd Fl, Louisville, KY 40202. All such requests must be received within thirty (30) days following completion of the Promotion.
Participating Store Locations:
|14||14||389 OLD CAPITAL PLAZA NW||CORYDON||IN||47112||HARRISON|
|57||57||9501 STATE ROAD 403||CHARLESTOWN||IN||47111||CLARK|
|77||77||663 E STATE ROAD 64||ENGLISH||IN||47118||CRAWFORD|
|81||81||815 HIGHLANDER POINT DR||FLOYDS KNOBS||IN||47119||FLOYD|
|87||87||7605 HIGHWAY 311||SELLERSBURG||IN||47172||CLARK|
|186||186||2219 HOLIDAY MANOR CENTER||LOUISVILLE||KY||40222||JEFFERSON|
|191||191||3917 7TH ST RD||SHIVELY||KY||40216||JEFFERSON|
|224||224||2200 BROWNSBORO RD||LOUISVILLE||KY||40206||JEFFERSON|
|276||276||2956 E 10TH ST||JEFFERSONVILLE||IN||47130||CLARK|
|292||292||7509 TERRY RD||LOUISVILLE||KY||40258||JEFFERSON|
|309||309||9812 LINN STA RD||LOUISVILLE||KY||40223||JEFFERSON|
|327||327||2710 W BROADWAY||LOUISVILLE||KY||40211||JEFFERSON|
|332||332||4211 S 3RD ST||LOUISVILLE||KY||40214||JEFFERSON|
|339||339||2440 BARDSTOWN RD||LOUISVILLE||KY||40205||JEFFERSON|
|346||346||3039 BRECKENRIDGE LN||LOUISVILLE||KY||40220||JEFFERSON|
|348||348||924 S 2ND ST||LOUISVILLE||KY||40203||JEFFERSON|
|350||350||5533 NEW CUT RD||LOUISVILLE||KY||40214||JEFFERSON|
|356||356||12501 SHELBYVILLE RD||MIDDLETOWN||KY||40243||JEFFERSON|
|360||360||6900 BARDSTOWN RD||LOUISVILLE||KY||40291||JEFFERSON|
|362||362||111 TOWNE DR||ELIZABETHTOWN||KY||42701||HARDIN|
|366||366||5001 MUD LN||LOUISVILLE||KY||40229||JEFFERSON|
|368||368||1309 US HIGHWAY 127 S||FRANKFORT||KY||40601||FRANKLIN|
|376||376||4501 OUTER LOOP||LOUISVILLE||KY||40219||JEFFERSON|
|379||379||9080 TAYLORSVILLE RD||LOUISVILLE||KY||40299||JEFFERSON|
|385||385||5244 DIXIE HWY||LOUISVILLE||KY||40216||JEFFERSON|
|387||387||291 N HUBBARDS LN||LOUISVILLE||KY||40207||JEFFERSON|
|389||389||5929 TIMBER RIDGE DR||PROSPECT||KY||40059||JEFFERSON|
|394||394||2034 S HIGHWAY 53||LAGRANGE||KY||40031||OLDHAM|
|395||395||3400 GRANT LINE RD||NEW ALBANY||IN||47150||FLOYD|
|396||396||200 NEW ALBANY PLAZA||NEW ALBANY||IN||47150||FLOYD|
|397||397||302 BRIGHTON PARK BLVD||FRANKFORT||KY||40601||FRANKLIN|
|400||400||4009 POPLAR LEVEL RD||LOUISVILLE||KY||40213||JEFFERSON|
|408||408||102 W JOHN ROWAN BLVD||BARDSTOWN||KY||40004||NELSON|
|707||707||9440 BROWNSBORO RD||LOUISVILLE||KY||40241||JEFFERSON|
|710||710||2549 US HIGHWAY 227||CARROLLTON||KY||41008||CARROLL|
|717||717||3040 DOLPHIN DR||ELIZABETHTOWN||KY||42701||HARDIN|
|728||728||185 ADAM SHEPHERD PKWY||SHEPHERDSVILLE||KY||40165||BULLITT|
|729||729||3616 BUECHEL BYP||LOUISVILLE||KY||40218||JEFFERSON|
|739||739||12450 LA GRANGE RD||LOUISVILLE||KY||40245||JEFFERSON|
|743||743||12611 TAYLORSVILLE RD||LOUISVILLE||KY||40299||JEFFERSON|
|744||744||2864 CHARLESTOWN RD||NEW ALBANY||IN||47150||FLOYD|
|752||752||3165 S 2ND ST||LOUISVILLE||KY||40208||JEFFERSON|
|753||753||1265 GOSS AVE||LOUISVILLE||KY||40217||JEFFERSON|
|758||758||234 EASTBROOKE PKWY||MOUNT WASHINGTON||KY||40047||BULLITT|
|762||762||305 E LEWIS AND CLARK PKWY||CLARKSVILLE||IN||47129||CLARK|
|763||763||520 N 35TH ST||LOUISVILLE||KY||40212||JEFFERSON|
|764||764||9501 WESTPORT RD||LOUISVILLE||KY||40241||JEFFERSON|
|777||777||311 BOONE STA RD||SHELBYVILLE||KY||40065||SHELBY|
|780||780||10645 DIXIE HWY||LOUISVILLE||KY||40272||JEFFERSON|
|785||785||4915A DIXIE HWY||LOUISVILLE||KY||40216||JEFFERSON|
|903||903||568 BYP RD||BRANDENBURG||KY||40108||MEADE|
|913||913||1300 ANDERSON CROSSING DR||LAWRENCEBURG||KY||40342||ANDERSON|