According to a recent study, Americans can only tolerate 4 hours with their families before needing a break. If you spend an average of at least 5 hours together during the holidays for a period of time, I guess you’re in good shape, and doing better than most Americans! Here’s what we found!
- Americans love their families…in small doses.
- A survey of 2,000 Americans who are traveling to visit family for the holidays found respondents can spend an average of three hours and 54 minutes with their family before needing a moment to themselves.
- About 75% of survey respondents say they hit a point where they need time away from the crowd.
- The Motel 6 poll also found that people get creative when escaping, with 1-in-4 saying they have hidden in a relative’s house to be alone.
- About 37% have gone as far as to make an excuse and leave the house altogether.
- Be honest…what’s the ideal amount of time to spend with your whole family?